Employment Opportunity | Full Time Studio Photographer
Employment Opportunity — Full Time Studio Photographer
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm + as needed for 7-8 auctions per year
Compensation: $35k/year, health insurance
Overview: Executes and maintains all multimedia aspects of Ahlers & Ogletree Auction Gallery including object photography, image editing, and creation of imagery for auction catalog, website, and advertising/marketing materials.
The ideal candidate for this job will be able to work through a large volume of items in a reasonably short period of time while maintaining consistency of product. The candidate will be a team player, highly organized, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be willing to work nights/weekends when needed, and be interested in working in an non-traditional work environment. Must be able to climb a ladder and lift 30+ lbs. Candidates with experience shooting art and/or antiques will be prioritized.
– composes, shoots & edits photographs of each auction lot
– performs daily and weekly checks of photographs for accuracy, timely and correct matching, proper editing, and good composition, fixing errors as needed.
– ensures readiness of objects for photography, including removing fingerprints, stickers, etc.
– oversees photo production process to ensure timely delivery for catalog design and online upload
– provides photos by request to marketing team, in a timely manner
– oversees and facilitates all additional photo requests after auction upload, in a timely manner
– maintains tidiness of studio as well as digital and physical work spaces
– takes direction from marketing director as to overall styling and art direction of shoots
– works with consignment team to coordinate shoots of consignor spaces before item removal, when needed
– commits to added workload and time requirements as determined by management, specifically related to fluctuating work load due to auction schedule
– shoots day of auction events, preview events
– attends and performs off-site shoots when required
– participates in day-of auction activities as directed by management
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and studio photography samples to General Manager Derric Williams (derric@AandOauctions.com).